Wednesday, January 26, 2011

A Walk...

Today is a beautiful day. I was walking on campus with Atul, loudly singing 'Yugan Yugan Hum Yogi' - Kumar's voice resonating inside, and my voice a weak, slower echo in its wake. Suddenly I noticed a single leaf of a tiny date palm flutter at a high speed...there was no wind, no breeze, just a cool and bright blue day. In that stillness, a single leaf fluttered -wildly. I understood without comprehension, that sometimes, somewhere, something moves one wildly - and yet the world around, steeped in the same wonder, remains at repose, calm and un-moved. I understood the leaf, tipsy with resonance of a song inside - and yet, in the same world, people chattered on mobiles, rushed in cars, tended to the sharp whistles of a pressure cooker - and that this was all, as it should be, fine and perfect.

No comments: