Monday, October 4, 2010

Travel Musings..


It all teems
with life
schools of shells
tickle my soles
inside.
----------




I walk the
lip
of oceans
deep,
wavering
along
shore's
shifting line,
uncertain,
uncommitted
but poised-
in this suspended
moment
of space and time.
---------




With ease,
earth wears
her watery veil,
to captures heavens
infinitely deep.
------

It is
astonishing
they pilgrim
here to die-
bugs, bees,
slugs, wasps
and
dragonflies....Harakiri on Goan Shores.












Flooded paddies
Teal Skies
Glistening boulders-
Buffaloes.
---

Rushing Train,
Plastics Fly-
no, Just Herons!
----
On local train in Mumbai:

Late night
monsoon rains,
humans packed
in rattling train,
grim and grimy
sweaty and tight,
hopeless, burdened
-tragic sight.

-and -

Empty compartment,
a solitary I
3 youths walk in
noisy and high
stop to stare-
red glazed eyes
-Why?
----
On road in Goa:

Rain lashes,
blood flows in streams
from cuts and gashes
under natures peeled green.
---

So
Hum,
Hum
So,
So...
I fly!

--

I run
far,wide
to seek
silence
inside.
---

Its all the same
them and I
ocean's chorus,
waving grass
fields of flowers
crystal stars;
beggars and leper
tycoons in cars
giver and exploiter
all the same-
still, or journeying far.
---------

Evening light
copper sands
hiding stars





--

1 comment:

Unknown said...

nice poetry...the sort of poems I wrote in Goa are completely different...and so so many. hope I will be able to share them someday...for now they just peacefully sleep mid my notebook pages.

There is such sadness in your poetry...not lost on me Arati. And the photographs are well thought of.