Friday, October 15, 2010

Her






I have become intimate with this face. I have chiseled it bit by bit, slowly and with patience of a mother creating her child. I watched her acquire form, features, and finally her fate - doomed to a birth. Her awareness of life etched her in sorrow. I mothered her without realizing this sorrow of life, her life, or any life. I did not watch the world outside enough, but was swayed by the creative joy of chiseling away, little by little, bit by bit. I created her and now watch her - and the world through her.

3 comments:

Kabir Festival Mumbai said...

Dear Sis,

She is beautiful and looks so wise and quiet like she has been through agni pariksha and is now at peace.

Arati said...

Thanks Priti...have been wondering how faces get created. I dont have a drawing or an imagining that I work with- the process of working away at each individual part somehow makes a complete whole.

Indian Bazaars said...

This is nice!