Sunday, February 10, 2008

Uncommon Life

Today I blurted " I want an uncommon life!" This statement has hung with me till now- bedtime, blogtime-time to sort things out, mull things over, ponder, resolve,attend- pay attention to questions of self- changing answers to which will guide my changing tomorrows.

Do I really want an uncommon life?
First, I define common as most usual, normal, ordinary-as favored by most.
So..do I want what most do not want-and if so-because they do not want? The harder I stare at this question, clearer it becomes that while I enjoy being liked, accepted (??), my real desires and wants are fairly independent of the approval rating. So when I rant for an uncommon life, it is in recognition of uncommon desires, urges, dreams that I feel bound to pursue- and my unwavering belief in my right to do so.

This resolved-time for bed-and no other thoughts.

No comments: