Monday, October 8, 2007

Another Blogger is Born

My birth into this bloggers' world has been hesitant, wary and full of doubts. I was assailed with doubts which had rough parallels to my entry into parenthood-is one more existence really necessary? and if so why? Parenting doubts were easily and brilliantly swept aside when my partner said "Leaving behind a good human being might be the most meaningful contribution we can make" causing us to hold hands and jump off the precipice of careless, carefree freedoms into a world of tenacious biological bonds, juggling priorities and responsibilities. Parenthood became the primary committment in fashioning all aspects of our lives including the country we chose to live in, the food we ate, friends we kept, places we wandered to.

My birthing into this bloggers' world is an individual endevour- a decision to single parent. I am both the birther and the born- and so I have to attempt to answer for myself- why another me? I am reminded of my previous reservations and fear when I have got sucked into the mindless, mindful, creative, banal, conscious, comatic,crazy, connected morass of articulations,intersecting streams, flows, bogs, oceans of typed words,kicking frantically, coming up for air and later wondering- what does this world mean? Now my own typed words make me a bonafide member of this parallel realism. I accept now that the 'other me' was always there-talking to myself--I am just leading her to a playground, as I once led my son, to meet,play and share with other kindred spirits, share common concerns and by sharing chart a course somewhat different, more coherent, conscious than that charted before.

2 comments:

Abi said...

You have a blog now! Yay!

And I get to be the first one to comment, too. Yay, again!

Welcome to the club, Arati. We look forward to lots of great stuff here ...

Anant said...

Welcome to the blogosphere!