Thursday, July 30, 2020

Strange Things Do Happen

Strange Things Do Happen

I live with Ba and Bapuji in a small flat in a large city in India.

What I am going to tell you is a true story. It really happened to me.

I woke up one day in my own bed with a strangest feeling. I was wedged tight in the bed - from top to bottom. 

I sat up and rubbed my eyes - wondering if it was a dream. But it wasn't so. I called out to Ba-Bapuji, but they must have gone on their morning walk. 

Even as I was wondering what was happening, and what I should do, I could feel my head approaching the ceiling. 

I quickly sat on the floor - but it was pointless. I was growing taller, right for me to see. 

I lay down and had to slither out of the room like a snake.

Past the kitchen, and the living room, out onto the balcony. 

By now I was tall enough to lower myself easily onto the ground, from our fourth floor.

There weren't many people around - so I decided to go for a walk. A few steps and I was out of the colony. 

I was still growing. Birds flew around me - some even perched on my head, shoulders. Did they think I was a giant tree?

A couple more steps and I was out of the city, looking down in wonder at all the mess, and chaos.

Outside the city was calm, silent and very green. The fields, forests, lakes were getting smaller and smaller. 

Big birds like eagles, hawks, falcons circled around - I could see their face and even  their eyes.

Soon I was above the clouds. Even though they looked like fluffy cotton puffs I easily rose above them - as if they were only air.

I could soon see the horizon. The sun was so hot that I decided to walk to little bit to the north pole. It was such a nice walk. Stepping past snow capped mountains, turquoise oceans. 

I stood there looking down on the earth getting smaller and smaller - till it was a blue globe - like the plastic one that hangs in my room.

 Then that I saw a giant meteor zooming towards me. I reached out to stop it from hitting me trying to grab it and fling it away.

I felt someone grabbing and shaking me. It was Ba " Are you alright... it's Ok, it's just a dream"

I told you it really happened - it really did happen in my dream.

No comments: