Monday, April 4, 2016

Musings...

Today, ocean flew up
To land as scraps
on a flowering Didu...
Three kingfishers on a branch.

The ocean has stained me blue
I wade out to do my peacock dance
And in distance, megh rumble.

Like crabs, I run sideways
Along froth lines,
Searching for treasures
Tossed from the sea.
...and so also in life
I skirt, afraid to dive deep.

Moon waxes and wanes,
Tides tumble in cycles;
Earth hurtles through star fields.
Sitting still, I watch and laugh -
that I still seek a purpose!

When all voices die -
Will the silence in my head
Pound like waves,
And my blood
Course in crazy dance?

Sitting by the shore
I ignore the ocean;
A crashing wave drenches me
For my audacity...
I smile and return my gaze
Towards him.

Here, the Didu is light pink.
Wild almond is golden, red and russet;
Most are in shades of dark evergreen; and some are just barren and brave.
I too sport all seasons of my life - subdued spring of blushing pink; summer strength of vital greens;  fiery shades of autumn's passion, and coolness of winter nights.
It's all the same - without and within.

No comments: