Tuesday, August 25, 2009

On Songs and Serenadings...Twice Over

Lately, I am serenaded at night. By my two most loved ones...my son and my daughter. I go to hug and cuddle them in bed at bedtime and they are each awaiting in their darkened rooms, with their favorite songs for me, ready on their iPods.

We lie sharing one earphone each, cuddled under one blankie, listening to their favorite songs for me. If I cant understand the words, they recite it in soft voices to me, even as the song clangs, bangs, ferociously overpowers my senses, rubs out all, except this feeling of warmth, closeness with my once very-little-ones that are bigger-than-me now.

I lie in this incomprehensible world of the new generation, their different vocabulary, different songs, different way of expressing feelings, but the same way of showing it - under a blankie, cuddled in bed, warmly loved and sharing that love - my two young loved ones and I.

No comments: