Friday, January 16, 2009

A New Year's Resolution--Kept!

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah! I know we aren't much into New 2009 at all - and yet, I have very successfully and resolutely kept this year's resolution- in fact, I have a guaranteed winner this time - I am fully certain. If the world, family, near-and-dear ones don't cross my path, impose outdated values, provoke guilt; if the venomous sting of jealousy does not impinge....etc. etc. then I do believe I have discovered a winner amongst resolutions! In fact, this year's resolution is blissfully and wonderfully easy to keep, good for my body, my mind, my spirit, my soul-it is a perfect recipe for improved motherhood, sisterhood, wifehood, neighbourly-hood, worldhood...in fact, I can bet with great certainty that the world, as well as me, will benefit greatly by my NYR! I can further add that this could easily become the most popular and beneficial R for the world to keep... no, no...I really don't mind, at all! No copyright laws, no patenting, no such bullshitting from me... let the whole world enjoy the benefit of my accidental discovery, and thus discover bliss!

It happened like this...I was being a really grumpy person, for many a good reasons ( and probably some bad) ..but lets not get into that now, that can be another story..so, as I was saying, bad humour had become my constant companion- my husband was harrassed , kids unhappy, workers sullen, neighbours distant, friends disappeared- who could blame them - I was not a happy person to be around...I myself felt crappy - often. Please be patient, this is my story, ya? Then let me tell it my own way... ya, ya I was coming to what I decided, but after that will you want to listen anymore to me? So let me tell you before hand, why it is that you should listen to me, and why this is the best way to help the world..

Ok, no lecture baazi, what occur-ed to me is this... if people need enough food to carry on with their lives, then they surely need enough sleep too. So my NYR is to sleep as much as I feel like on a daily basis - and THAT REALLY HELPS. No more improve myself type of Rs... what I have is feel better kind of R. How about responsibilities, duties and such likes? you say - well it helps to have accommodating husband, responsible children, otherwise, get back to bed after they leave home, or sleep on bus, in classes, while at work, sleep with your eyes open (I have heard it can be done!), or whatever it is that you do... one thing I can guarantee, it will add a glow to your skin, a spark to your eyes, a laughter in your voice, as no love has ever done before @!

No comments: