Thursday, September 25, 2008

Sunsets in Goa

Highlight of all my trips to Goa is reconnecting with sea, sand, sky - all vast, endless, connecting seamlessly at horizon. This time the expectations were high - I was again in mood to walk fresh washed sands, get drenched, be surrounded by blues, golds, and sing Megh - to myself. Instead, while the monsoon skies remained flirting close, the air moist enough to wet, winds teasing enough to anticipate a downpour - the rains stayed away - completely. I tried Megh, tentatively, but knew I was not yet persuasive enough to please the Rain God. Yet - as usual - Goa remained the same -astonishing, surprising. I walked each evening to sunsets, copper, gray, crimson, gold, all aflame, ignited skies, reflecting earth, molten ocean...I walked, engulfed and overwhelmed by beauty that seeped within, erasing worries, shedding cares - just me, sea, sand, sky.








































No comments: