Wednesday, January 9, 2008

A Search

Kabir, the fourteenth century Bhakti poet of Varanasi sang:

I am like a shell in the ocean-thirsting for a drop.....

-------------

I thirst for a sight
of my loved one
sound of a carefree laugh
a taste in my mouth
a touch, a feel- of fire.
I search for all this
wandering the world
scanning the skies
swimming different oceans
to stop, exhausted
and find,
what I am searching
is inside-
there is no difference
between the seeker and the seeking
the seeker is the seeked
the path and the goal
are the same.
------------

Olber's paradox
got resolved,
a starlit night
became infinitely bright-
planets whirled
to Kepler's songs,
and suns winked bright
to auroral lights.

In this opaque gold
a seed was born,
of darkest hue
all clarity gone,
to shape out a
human, bereft and lost
with this universe
left to roam.
----------

No comments: