Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Capturing Infinity

Last week, I decided to capture Infinity. I went in search of a bait to lure her. I had to walk far and wide till I came across a drying pond, full of black sticky clay, dark water, large jade leaves with suspended water crystals, and blossoms of thousand petaled lotus. I saw that the large blue Infinity overhead had been curious, and had visited this rare sight, only to be captured. She must have struggled hard-and finally escaped; bits of her still clung on to this tired, aging pond. I had found my bait.

I gathered bits of the jades, the pinks, and sticky clay to hold her down. I went home and found a large pot, gold and gray, a container for grains, and now water. I filled it up and set the trap carefully-the jades floated again, the pinks beckoned with a thousand waves, crystals clambered up the new surfaces, glinting in the sun. I saw Infinity approach, peek, and then settle in. She now has another home- she plays hide and seek with the rolling crystal drops, changes her colors, moods - she sometimes invites clouds and stars, sunrises and sunsets here. She comes and goes as she pleases, but at least for now- she is amused with her new home, and has decided to stay.

No comments: